REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
For more than 60 years, the Junior League of Gaston County (JLGC) has devoted its energy to passionately advocating for women and children of Gaston County. To achieve these goals, the JLGC partners with community organizations and provides trained volunteers. The JLGC has worked with the community to determine existing needs and initiate projects that directly impact the populations we set out to work with. These are short term projects and are defined as Community Placement Projects for the League. It is our intent to identify and define the Community Placement Projects for the JLGC 2019-2020 Volunteer Year through a request for proposal.
For each Community Placement Project, a group of Junior League of Gaston County members assist a local non-profit organization through hands on volunteer work. A Community Placement Project allows both the JLGC and the partnering agency to work together and test the relationship for compatibility. Upon successful completion of a Community Placement Project, the League may consider developing a more long term partnership opportunity with the participating agency.
The Junior League of Gaston County also partakes with smaller projects that are “Done-In-A-Meeting” (DIAM). A “Done-In-A-Meeting” is a project that will be completed by the entire League at our headquarters and can be completed in about an hour. An example of this is a project the JLGC completed last year where we assembled 250 Narcan packs for Olive Branch Ministries. This is an option if an agency is in need of large scale assembling as opposed to hands on volunteer work.
We are looking to others in the Gaston County area to submit their ideas and projects so that we can build a better community. Projects are selected which further the mission of the Junior League of Gaston County and are focused on areas pertaining to our JLGC mission and vision statements.
OUR RFP PROCESS
The Junior League of Gaston County, N.C., Inc. Is a member of an international organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism and to improving the community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. It’s purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League of Gaston County, N.C., Inc. Will strive to build strong financial and volunteer support for the health and well-being of women and children through program development and community partnerships.
The Junior League of Gaston County impacts the community with its broad scope of volunteer support providing over 600 volunteer hours in the last year through its many projects and programs.
The focus areas of the Junior League of Gaston County include:
1. Women’s Health
2. Substance abuse
The Junior League of Gaston County's commitment to training provides its volunteers with invaluable learning opportunities, ranging from leadership and organizational development training to community program instruction and nonprofit fundraising skills. Through this unique curriculum, members learn how to not only manage and train volunteers, but also how to collaborate with community agencies to maximize a volunteer’s impact and thus aid a greater number of disadvantaged women and children.
Further, Junior League of Gaston County members use this training to go on to serve on the boards of nonprofit agencies and commissions, advocate on issues of public policy and organize model community programs that address need areas to build better communities.
To partner with the Junior League of Gaston County (JLGC), community organizations and agencies should submit a Request for Proposal 2019-2020 Application form. Typical requests are for 3-10 volunteers for a 2-8 hour time period, mostly on weekend days or weekday evenings. Priority will be given to proposals that offer clearly defined volunteer opportunities.
Requests can be:
1. Downloaded here, completed and emailed to: JLGCcommunityimpact@gmail.com
2. Completed online here
3. On paper mailed to the following address:
Junior League of Gaston County
ATTN: Courtney Beam
2020 Remount Road
Gastonia, NC 28054
1. Projects that involve fundraising or require volunteers to accept payment on behalf of the requesting organization, obtain silent auction items, transport people or goods, or serve alcohol are not eligible.
2. Applicants are welcome to submit applications for multiple projects.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The JLGC reserves the right to amend the dates, the requirements or withdraw completely the RFP at any time.
2. All proposals and accompanying documentation will become property of the JLGC and will not be returned.
3. The JLGC reserves the right to award an applicant without further discussion of the proposals submitted. Therefore, each proposal should be initially submitted on the most favorable terms that the applicant can propose.
4. The JLGC reserves the right to contact an applicant for clarification of its proposal.
5. The JLGC reserves the right to request proof of liability insurance.
6. The JLGC requests permission to take pictures within the facilities for social media and marketing purposes (abiding by your organizations written policies).
7. The JLGC may request cross promotion on social media.
8. The JLGC may request a written testimonial to be used on our website.